All of our UCSB IT internships are now full. Please check back for future internship opportunities.
UCSB IT offers student interns a paid opportunity to complement their academic training by learning practical skills in a high demand field. UCSB IT values our students’ opinions and believes their ideas drive the successful development of IT on campus. Students will work in an inclusive and welcoming environment for people of diverse racial, gender, and ideological backgrounds.
Internships begin in Summer 2020.
Applications are open on UCSB's Handshake.
For more information about Handshake, visit UCSB Career Services.
Open Student Positions:
Data Systems Engineer Intern - Student Information Systems & Technology (SIS&T)
Intern will work as a member of the Data Services team. Opportunities include:
- Data analytics using the newest cloud Power BI technologies from Microsoft
- Cloud development in Amazon Web Services (AWS)
- Database and software development to support the campus Application Programming Interface (API) initiative
DevOPS Intern - Digital Library Development (DLD)
Intern will contribute to the department responsible for developing digital platforms, tools, and content for the UCSB Library. Opportunities include:
- Maintenance and automation of continuous integration and delivery pipelines
- Work with software engineers to develop small features and perform code review for cloud-native applications and services
- Advance monitoring and observability of services in production
JupyterHub Service Intern - College of Letters and Science IT (LSIT)
Intern will contribute to the cloud platform Jupyterhub Instruction Service. Opportunities include:
- Learn how to manage and design computing clusters on Google Cloud and Amazon Web Services (AWS)
- Curate computing environments for disciplines that interface with Data Sciences
- Support instructors on the computing environment offering students access via their mobile device for specific courses
Salesforce Development Intern - College of Letters and Science IT (LSIT)
Intern will assist in the build out and development of Salesforce for the department. Opportunities include:
- Salesforce "Trailhead" training courses (Communities, Apex, and Lighting Components)
- Partner with experience developers to design and implement real-world situations
- Revolutionize higher education business processes
Cloud Solutions Architect Intern - Enterprise Technology Services (ETS) / Office of the Chief Information Officer (CIO)
Intern will contribute to technology solutions and efforts supporting the adoption of cloud computing on campus. Opportunities include:
- Understanding of cloud technologies and operating models
- Work to bridge gaps between complex business problems and solutions in the cloud
- Experience in cloud-based information architecture, application design, data management, and security
Media Manager Intern - Center for Information Technology and Society (CITS)
Intern will assist in the strategic development and revision of the Center's web and social media activities. Opportunities include:
- Analysis of faculty specializations and articulation of them for public readership
- Strategic re-design of website to reach broader audiences
- Develop content translating scientific findings for a variety of readers
*Internships offer a flexible work schedule and possibility to inquire about a summer housing stipend